Working Capital The Real Estate Podcast
Success in Commercial Real Estate with Jon Love | EP53
Apr 19, 2022
In This Episode
Jon Love is the founder and CEO of KingSett Capital, Canada’s leading private equity real estate investment business co-investing with institutional and ultra-high net worth clients. Jon was formerly President and CEO of Oxford Properties Group. In 2018 Jon was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada and for those who are outside of Canada that is a fellowship that recognises the outstanding merit of Canadians who make a major difference to Canada through lifelong contribution. He has navigated through several recessions in his career and now draws from those experiences as we find ourselves in a unique time – 2021 today.
In this episode we talked about:
- Jon`s father and his impact on his career today
- Filling the shoes of your mentor. How does it feel?
- Transition from retail stock broker
- Sale of Oxford Properties Group
- Transition from Oxford to KingSett
- Aspects of KingSett that John would tackle differently
- The idea of thinking globally first for Canadians
- Interaction with provinces
- The response to the pandemic
- Obligation of business people to engage into political debates
- Jon`s view on where the economy is heading
- The future in terms of the Canadian outlook for Real Estate. Areas with opportunities over the next year.